Thursday, July 11, 2019

Celebrate Panel – Completed


With all my customer quilts done, I could zip this one back on the frame and finish it. It has plenty of white which is most probably not suitable for any of my family’s homes as we all have pets but I might just keep it for the guest room.


Even though I hated working with the percale as a backing (the needle left huge holes in the fabric) it turned out rather well after washing and the holes closed.

We were invited to supper at a local restaurant by friend Karin and her hubby and as usual, nothing to complain about, good food, good company which ended with Karin giving me my birthday gifts early.

I loaded my tension tester on the frame and experimented with marking a motif with the blue pen onto fabric and then stitching on the lines.  This worked much better than trying to follow a line with the laser.  Now I just need to find out how one can see these designs on your light table, when using dark or black fabric.

The tension, however, was perfect as I had white thread on the top and navy in the bobbin.

No comments:

Post a Comment