Tuesday, November 13, 2018

What crap is this?


After I, for one, truly believed summer has finally arrived to our part of the world, we got hit by a cold front last Tuesday and by Wednesday I had to go digging in the guestroom cupboard for my stashed winters’ clothes.  Then literally less than a week later, we had a heat wave. Really awful!

Hubby went on a business trip and slept out one evening and I had one of my own quilts loaded on the frame but had brain freeze with this one and simply couldn’t decide how to quilt it.  I then remembered a quilter once said that occasionally when she struggles with making a choice, she takes her inspiration from the fabric and looking at my darker fabric this is what I did.  Heaps and heaps of pebbles with a little straight lines in other areas.



A while back I invested in an Isacord thread cabinet, filled to the brim and I love to have all these choices however sadly I haven’t had the opportunity to use many of the pretty colours available but I am sure I’ll get there.



My big kids treated me to a scalp, neck and décolletage massage along with a facial and gosh was I lazy to get going after this treatment?  However one section at a time and another quilt gets done.
The younger kids took us out for supper one night, so having had kids finally pays off!  Love the spoils that come with the territory.

I bought HQ circle templates for my frame but the hole left to slide over the ruler foot on my machine was just too small.  Grateful for a handy husband who was able to fix these for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment