Thursday, March 29, 2018

Slow progress and more spending


As said in my previous post I am making a serious attempt to finish the All stacked up quilt.  I think this would be such a lovely quilt to get some good practise in on the longarm but gosh then things like this happen and it can easily make me give up again.



Fortunately I didn’t, I unpicked and fixed the problem to keep going.

I also purchased Glide thread for the longarm as most Q’nique owners claim this is the machines’ favourite.  I will have to finish a quilt to see if this is true.



It seems darkest Africa finally has a decent importer in our midst.  Remember the rulers I ordered on 14 March?  Well, they arrived today 2 weeks and 1 day after I placed the order and these were from 2 different suppliers in the US.  I am over the moon!


The best part about this importer is that when I could not order zippers for my leader cloths due to the US supplier not being prepared to deliver to my address, I contacted Importitall.co.za with the link of what I wanted and within an hour, I got a quote.  So I do believe in two more weeks’ time, I will have these too.  Even more reason to finish a quilt top.

For now however I am going to take a lengthy afternoon nap as both the grandkids are spending the Easter weekend with us and I simply don’t have the energy they seem to have.  So no more blog posts for a while as I’m sure I’ll need the week after Easter just to get myself and my thoughts off crayons, paint and play dough before I can talk quilt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment