Sunday, March 25, 2018

Your expenses do not quite stop here

I recently read an article about purchasing a longarm and one of the things that rang extremely true was when the author wrote “your expenses do not stop here”,  I could immediately relate.

You pay an arm and a leg for the machine and frame, then realise these machines have a mind of their own and some prefer only certain threads and suddenly you find yourself shopping for threads you’ve never even heard of or used.  Different needles, different pins or zippers for the leader cloths, 
different marking tools, you need a ruler base, different bobbins and the list seems never ending.  This is for a non-computerised machine; I don’t even want to think about the cost to have that done.


My latest purchase was rear handles and a laser and attachment which hubby fitted this weekend but I am way far from trying my hand at pantographs which made me realise I still have so much to learn.




I didn’t get much quilting done, no excuses just plain lazy but continued on my All stacked up quilt blocks as this one has been occupying my design wall since July 2017 and I am getting irritated with myself for not moving on with this, so hopefully now…..



1 comment:

  1. Let alone the cost of batting, backing and just the fabric stash. It isn't a cheap hobby. And it takes up a lot of space in your home. I sure hope you enjoy it. Chris

    ReplyDelete