Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Scrappy strips 8

I finally have enough strip sets to finish these two quilts and even though the strips are not sewn into place yet, I feel like the end is nearing.  I also realised that I will never be able to work on only one quilt at a time.  I get bored with the same pattern or colour scheme fairly easy and then I need to take a break from it and do something else.


So with this up against the wall and ready for when the next scrappy strip mood hits me, off to do something else…. eating with friends.
Found a fish soup recipe and seeing that friend Karin’s husband supplies us with fish, they would be the perfect guests to invite.  I made us a fish soup with orange and baked peel and a stuffed cheesy mushroom with prawns as a starter.  Karin supplied the ciabatta and good company.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good. You are making good progress with your quilt. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, I like a long, medium and short term project going at any time. I'm trying to finish WIPs and UFOs ATM so I can actually just have 3 things going at a time.

    ReplyDelete