Friday, June 30, 2017

Ever after kids’ panel – Part 7

I’ve been rather lost for applique ideas on the last border and opted to go with stems and leaves, printed and fuzzy cut from fabric.  I don’t think it looks too bad.
I started the quilting and found the centre panel extremely satisfying to do seeing that I could simply outline the pictures and just added some cloud shapes at the top.  For the border I used a technique I read about on another blog where the quilter traced a quilting motif onto Glad Press ‘n Seal, stuck this to the fabric and stitched through it.  Although removing the plastic afterwards was a major pain, it did give me the result I hoped for.  One should just remember to keep your stitch lengths extremely short otherwise these might pull when removing the press ‘n seal.
We are looking after our almost 6 month old grandson while mom and dad took our granddaughter to the Disney on Ice show in a another city, so I don’t think any quilting will take place this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I had the two younger ones yesterday. I didn't get any sewing done all day. I felt like crap this morning, but sewed some this afternoon. Smaller stitches do wrk better when taking paper of any kind off of stitched pieces. Chris

    ReplyDelete