Thursday, June 22, 2023

Travel 1 & 2

With Mondays being house-cleaning days, I had to refrain from continuing my binge-watching “Stranger Things” on Netflix.  Watching this every spare moment last week means that a couple of other things have been neglected.  Knowing I would receive 2 quilts after 5pm on Monday, was just the inspiration I needed to get my life back on track but I have to admit, not watching my early morning series took major willpower.

The 2 quilts, both very similar, arrived as discussed but being hubby time, I only loaded them on Tuesday.  The quilter provided what I do believe is batting more for upholstery and not ideal for quilting.  My quilting foot got hooked on the batting and it was really no fun to stitch my top straight line, on which I place the quilt top, on the batting only. Furthermore, the thickness of the batting caused puckers in the top.  Not a fun experience.  The sad part is that I know this, due to past experiences but once a quilter goes through the trouble of bringing their quilts to me, I feel too bad to send them home to replace the batting.  However, if I wish to continue enjoying my hobby, I will need to start putting down some ground rules or at least my foot and refuse to accept these.

Be it as it may, the quilter was satisfied with the end results.  I did the same motif on both quilts to prevent one grandson to think he got less or more than the other.




No comments:

Post a Comment