Saturday, September 17, 2022

Starlight, starbright

When I opened the bag containing this quilt, it simply screamed Judy Madsen.  There were just no way loops, leaves, feathers, curls or any other motif would be suitable for this.  I dug up the quilts I did during my online course by Judy Madsen to refresh my memory but unlike Judy, I am not as anal about marking the whole quilt beforehand.  Once I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do in the border and sashing, it was all systems go starting with stitch in the ditch on all the seamlines first.  This allowed me to roll the quilt back and forth as I continue to find the ideal layout and stitching for each of the blocks.

The quilter gave me permission to play, it, unfortunately, did not come with all the creative ideas and I had to dig deep to find some kind of layout for each of the nine stars.  It went extremely slow, not the stitching…… the designs but all’s well that ends well.

These were the designs around the stars









Finally, after what felt like weeks, I had an end result.  I had a friend and her daughter (who spots a mistake or omission from a mile away) come over to check the final product and yes, the daughter did find an area I skipped.



1 comment: