Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Staggered bricks

I received this quilt on Saturday requesting that it be done by Tuesday. Thinking hubby would play his usual golf on Sunday morning, I loaded it planning a quiet Sunday morning quilting alas hubby did not play golf but entertained himself by starting to redo the guest bedroom.  I, in between serving him coffee, could finish the quilt.

This is another quilt made as a gift for someone who has to undergo a bone marrow transplant.  The quilter used brick shapes in a mood-lifting colour (this is what blue says to me) and asked their friends to write their names on some of the bricks.

Again, I did the ribbon design, not only being a gift but bone marrow transplant being the gift of new life.


Once the quilter fetched the quilt, we treated ourselves to a fish braai at a local restaurant, along with friends and the food was worth every cent of the asking price.

Another quilter sent a message on Sunday but I explained to her that I simply needed a break and will take two days off, not even going into my frame room which is exactly what I did.  Now, I am well rested and ready to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment