Saturday, August 27, 2022

Sampler quilt

I didn’t have any quilting to do last week but it was rather convenient as hubby started painting the passage with all the mess that goes along with it and I had time to clean-as-he-went (reminds me of quilt-as-you-go).

We also went shopping for garden plants when I saw this beautiful indoor rubber plant and simply couldn’t resist buying it. Now many people who have seen this and heard the name, think it is fake but alas it is as real as can be and the problem I now have, is to keep it alive.  Unlike hubby, I don’t have green fingers.

Last Saturday however, I received no less than 3 quilts from a quilter in another city, I must say this is what I call a serious quilter, she just keeps them coming and I have to compliment her on her neatly packed quilts with batting and backing cut to my specifications and with the top, placed into one bag.

I try not to peak at any of the quilts and take the top one first which is what I did here and the first turned out to be a very colourful sampler.

The beautiful part about a sampler is that one can do a different motif in every block but after about 10 blocks I started running out of ideas even though there are countless more.

14 and a half hours later I have this to show.




I am spending this morning with my daughter and granddaughter at an Open Market with Tjiff & Tjaff.  I have no idea who these two are but I am about to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment