Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Postage stamp quilt

Yip, I did another quick edge-to-edge thus finishing all the edge-to-edge quilts already in my possession at the moment.  Now I can focus on the custom quilt.

Hubby and I went shopping together yesterday, not something we do often, we do shop but then not together and I looked for two short fat white candles.  I had one lonely mirror against the wall in the lounge and my daughter had two candle holders made to go on both sides of this.  It took several shops to find what I wanted but here it is.

This little quilt posed a couple of problems.  The tiny squares were sewn onto the background larger squares and then these were joined.  When trying to quilt it, it often sounded as if my needle was about to break and the foot of the machine also struggled to get over some of the thicker seams pushing the fabric in one direction.  I decided to finish it and just do the best I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment