Sunday, July 17, 2022

Baskets of flowers

All in all, I had a good week.  Celebrated my 60th birthday on Tuesday but it was a family-only event as most of us still had somewhat of a cold.  The kids were good to me.  DIL brought a thick veggie soup, while my own daughter supplied the bread and cake.

I asked a cleaning lady to help me with the (now replaced) windows as I figured with me having to do the cooking, cleaning and quilting for customers, I’d have to start with the first window again by the time I get to the last.  It was amazing to sit back and chat with my quilting friend Karin, who brought me heaps of gifts, while the windows got cleaned.

Hubby read through our short-term insurance policy and saw that they only required burglar bars in front of windows that can open and got rid of the bars in front of the large windows.  What a difference it made.


I finished a custom quilt but had a fold and pleat on the back which was terribly disheartening but the quilter kindly decided to forgive me, else I would have had to unpick the whole thing which might have taken a year.

I also had the dirty blinds in the kitchen cleaned professionally and these now look as good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment