Sunday, June 26, 2022

Photo quilt

On the home front, things are still going smoothly.  I am so impressed with the new glass in the doors leading to the patio but previously I could blame the cracks in the windows as the reason why the windows were dirty and now, I don’t have any excuse!

In the entertainment area we had these built-in cupboards and drawers but way outdated.

The knobs and handles were taken off.

Then painting these in the same colour as the walls started


Once these were done, it looked updated, and clean and gave the impression that the room was bigger.

We however still had 7 other cracked windows throughout the house and hubby decided to take the glass from the doors out in as large a piece as possible and asked for these to be cut to fit in other places and by golly, we now only need one new window, the rest will be done with the repurposed glass from the doors.

After having replaced what we thought were all the windows, we discovered two more with hairline cracks in the corners.  These will be replaced tomorrow.  I know no one else will even notice the improvements when visiting but I am so impressed with every small step taken to make this house a home.

While hubby went playing golf this morning I cleaned the front part of the house, one less weekday to spend cleaning!  Tomorrow I’ll tackle the bedroom side and then apart from daily maintenance I’m done for this week and Wimbledon can take off in full swing.

I received one more quilt and finished this yesterday.  The quilter specified how she wanted it quilted. Hopefully, this won’t need frequent washing as the polyester batting won’t withstand the test of time with so little quilting to hold it in place BUT time has taught me, that the customer is always right and after quilting, no longer my problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment