Thursday, June 09, 2022

England inspired medallion quilt

The quilter saw a similar quilt from England and got inspired to make her own. This was the quilt with the bubble in the centre block I mentioned in my previous post.  Spray starch made a huge difference but tell no lies, if you eliminate a problem in the centre, you just move it either left or right or up or down.  This quilt did not get the dense quilting I am sure the quilter would have preferred but I had to use larger motifs in some areas just to be able to spread the fabric somewhat underneath my fingers in order not to have puckers all on one side.  Most of this quilt was done while steering the machine with one hand and the other hand manipulating fabric.  Be it as it may, I saved the quilter from having to unpick, which I personally would have hated. 

Hubby in the meanwhile has started painting the entrance, short passage and entertainment room.  Throughout the house, it had dado rails about one third up from the floor which we disliked.

These were removed and then the dirty preparation work started with filling up and smoothing out the filler causing a white dust cover on everything.


We tried to cover most of the furniture but it doesn’t really help.  This white powdery substance creeps in everywhere.

With some walls already painted, it looks beautiful and in this photo, one can see the new painting in the front with the wall behind still in process of being painted.

My daughter went into the hospital on Monday for a Septoplasty procedure and was released on Tuesday.  We had the little one over on Monday evening while her dad went to the hospital and then the two of them joined us for supper.  My daughter slept most of her Tuesday by us, after being released and on Wednesday I took her back to the surgeon to have the splints removed. She is still in pain but actually doing extremely well.

On to my third and last quilt from Kimberley and this one too will keep me busy as it has plenty of fun elements with which to play with, the catch is now to make it look somewhat uniform when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment