Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Mystery madness

So much has happened since my last post and after loading this quilt.  The painting to the entrance and entertainment area is done and I could finally rid the house of all the white filler dust.  Sadly, when the adjacent area will be painted, I’ll be back to square one but I do believe once the first area is completely done, hubby will move back to the garden, which is still a huge mess.

After painting, the wallpaper on two walls in the entrance went up.

Then the mirrors against the one wall had to come down.

Once the wallpaper on that wall was done, we could put the mirrors back.

The wall right by the door got wallpaper too.

Our interior decorator then suggested a flat mirror to put on top of the little table at the entrance. Now as glamourous as it may look, I’ve about had it with cleaning mirrors.  I clean, step back, see a mark, come from the other side, and see another mark.  It is a never-ending story of trying to buff these.


With this mystery madness quilt loaded I had a request to urgently quilt covers for horsebacks.  This was basically 4 pieces of fabric joined together and quilted.  Then it had to be shaped, get binding and whatever else is needed to keep this under the saddle of the horse.  I am sure there is a proper name for this but I know way too little about horses to even guess.  Luckily, I only had to do the quilting.

Another step to fixing the entertainment area was to replace 3 huge safety glass door panels.  This too was concealed behind blinds by the seller.  I hope she gets everything she dished out when misleading us to buy the house. What comes around, goes around.

In between all of this I worked a little bit on this quilt every day.  The quilter gave me permission to just play and play I did.  I can’t remember when last I had to do such dense quilting but I loved every moment of the 15 hours it took to finish.


I am up to date with my quilting and I've promised myself two weeks on the patio watching Wimbledon and sipping on some wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment