Monday, May 09, 2022

Pinwheel quilt

On Tuesday, 26 April, I received a pinwheel quilt, pieced to perfection.  I quilted for this lady a while ago and she saw one of her fellow colleagues make quilts and decided to give it a try.  That quilt too was impeccable but I thought it would be a once-off to prove she tried and could do it.  I was therefore quite surprised when she phoned with yet another huge quilt finished.

As a rule, I try to load and finish a quilt as soon as possible but with this one, life simply happened and it felt like I took forever to quilt it.

First, my brother-in-law from Liberia came to visit but luckily stayed over in a hotel but we still had him and my mother-in-law over during the days.

Then it was mothers’ day with all the kids over at our house for lunch while I am still trying to find a house cleaning routine and just when I somewhat got it, the interior decorator came over, changed a couple of things up, drilled holes in the walls for décor and screwed up my semi-routine.

I was still trying to find a spot in the new house to take decent photos of the quilts and simply couldn’t find a place that would show the whole quilt and the texture created by the quilting in the same photo.  With this quilt it was no different and feeling slightly defeated, I took the quilt to the guest bedroom, and placed it on the bed until the customer would fetch it and voila, the perfect spot to take a pretty picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment