Sunday, May 29, 2022

Quilt with Da Gama circles

Yes, you read right, another circle quilt.  This group and their circle quilts truly kept me busy and that is not a complaint, I am extremely grateful.  This quilter, my bestie, allowed me to do whatever I wanted and having done so many edge-to-edge designs on most quilts lately, I had thought about a motif but inspiration comes from everywhere and looking at the different Da Gama fabrics, I noticed this purple fabric with swirls on it (the cross over the top, is simply my chalk marking) and decided swirls it would be.

I just need to jump to the ‘new’ house first.  When we moved in, one could not miss the paint job on all the doors.  It was utterly fugly and this is what it looked like.

Hubby started painting these after we had somewhat of a tiff, as to me, it felt he spent all his time and money in the garden.

Now with a couple of layers of paint, this looks not only soothing but so much nicer.

While painting the doors, he took off the handles for me to clean and some were terribly filthy with a thickish green sticky substance on them.  Trust dishwashing liquid and tartaric acid to clean these almost as good as new.

A fellow quilter spent this week in hospital with complications from cancer treatment and my friend Karin and I tried to visit her as often as possible by Saturday evening, she looked much better than the first day we saw her.  We’re now praying that all will go smooth from here on.

I loved working on this quilt, I guess because of all the pretty fabric I could lay my eyes on and after doing one row of circles in a motif that I really didn’t find pleasing, I decided to unpick a whole row which took up one full day but the end result is just so much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment