Saturday, May 21, 2022

A quilt with Kaffet Fasset circles

It suddenly turned rather cold on Wednesday in central South Africa and I was grateful to receive the backing for this quilt, which was in my possession for a couple of days as my frame room is one of the sunniest rooms in the house and I wouldn’t mind spending time there.

Hubby, however, went to the Nampo festival and upon his return, I had to hear all the stories, so I never got to start the quilt.  Thursday didn’t turn out to be much better as life happened, the little one got sick at school and had to be fetched and then we had a company over to remove some of the unwanted plants in the garden.

However, when I finally got to quilting on Friday, I was as happy as could be, it was bitterly cold with rain and knowing I could spend the day indoors in my slippers, was my idea of the perfect cold day.

Mid-day hubby lit the fireplace and with the quilt done, I poured myself a glass of wine and we spend the rest of the afternoon simply soaking up the heat from the fireplace until the younger kids came to visit the evening.

This quilt must be the largest this particular quilter has ever asked me to do but it was so pretty, that I didn’t mind going on and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment