Saturday, April 16, 2022

Waterfall quilt

When I officially started packing up my sewing room and quilters would still phone me for quilts to do, I said that I will only start taking in work again in mid-May, once I’ve settled after the move.  However dear hubby did so great in moving my frame, the components and the machine and my little Q’nique behaved so well after the move, that I took in my first quilt on 13 April.  I kind of regret this now, as once I have a quilt in my house, everything else will simply have to wait their turn, so cleaning, organizing and meals obviously will have to wait until the latest quilt is done.

With that said, however, I could not have wished for a prettier quilt than this first in the new house to continue my quilting journey….. just take a look at this stunning waterfall quilt (pattern available on Etsy).

Furthermore, the quilter arrived at my house with a massive bunch of flowers to make my new house feel like home and it truly does.  I am just not sure what I will put in this corner once the flowers fade and I definitely do not have money to buy bunches as big as this one.

Hubby has now fixed all the doors going outside as not a single one of these could properly open or close.  As much as I appreciate him being this handy, I am not a fan of having to clean everything AGAIN the moment he does a new improvement or repair.

As I sit here typing, he already removed a small window to create an exit for the cat who was forced to sleep indoors all night long as we had no place for him to come in or go out by himself.  Now to see how long it will take him to realise he can go out by himself.

We had the kids over for lunch this afternoon and it almost feels good to be able to find plates, table mats, serviettes and cutlery.  Hoping it will go better from here on.

On this quilt, I used an edge-to-edge design called Closed curls.



No comments:

Post a Comment