Monday, April 18, 2022

Grandpa’s prayer quilt

How appropriate was this quilt to work on as an Easter project?  The quilter made it for her father-in-law and requested the rays streaming out from behind the focal cross and from the centre of it.

After having marked almost a quarter of the quilt, hubby stood next to me just to inform me that it was all wrong!  Apparently rays closer to the object stay wide towards the end and those having to travel further need to be closer together and the angling has to be spaced.  Now in order for the marking to stay put while handling and rolling the top onto the frame, I had to use a panda pen (wax) and this can only be removed with heat (wash or iron).  Not prepared to wash a top, in fear of fraying, I had to iron over all my lines to get rid of it and then I left the top to the master to mark.

Now looking at it, I guess he was right, as usual, as it seems more believable than my rays that would have been equally spaced.

Easter weekend was the usual overeating family gatherings with the little one’s egg hunting on Friday, the kids over by us for Saturday lunch, Sunday over to daughter-in-law for yet more eating and then today, lunch by us again.

I have accepted I will have to live in a less neat house until the Easter weekend is over.  With plenty of rain, pets and kids with their muddy feet walking in and out, cleaning is simply a losing battle.

Sadly, due to the rain, I was unable to get enough natural light to take a proper photo of the back but here goes my attempt.



No comments:

Post a Comment