Thursday, December 16, 2021

Playful rectangles

This was another different week.  It seems the initial interest in the house has died down somewhat but we needed the break from people invading our private space.  Furthermore, hubby has been for a full medical check-up after about 15 years.  Several tests were done and he was referred to undergo a colonoscopy and here they found a polyp which could luckily be removed while he was still under anaesthetic.  Then this doctor needs him to go for a scan towards the end of the month.  The other tests done by the GP was all fine.

As for the house, we are under no pressure to sell fast and I am actually glad to have more time to thoroughly sort through things I’d like to get rid of.  Hopefully, I won’t now start resting on my laurels but keep the good work up.

We finished up Christmas shopping for the little ones as we, as adults, decided a couple of years ago to only buy gifts for the kids, so this was fast and easy.

I received this bright and beautiful quilt earlier this week and we decided to do cloud motifs on it.  I have never done clouds as an edge-to-edge on a full-sized quilt but rather on panels where it had a blue-sky background or print but I am rather satisfied with how this turned out.

The backing was a deep grey fleece and shows the motif off even better.

I’ve invited friends over for supper this evening, so I got up early to start cooking as I prefer to prepare dishes a while ahead for all the flavours to mix together, the other reason is I’d like to have my cooking done before the flies wake up and gather in my kitchen.  With the abundance of rain, we had and the cooler weather, I can however not complain too much about these little pests.

No comments:

Post a Comment