Friday, December 31, 2021

4- patch with alternating squares

I received yet another bottle of wine from the quilter of quilt 86 and although I do love my wine and would never complain, I am beginning to feel somewhat nervous, thinking that a new quilter might ask one of my customers where they have their quilts done and then them replying “oh at that drunk longarm quilter”.  What a reputation that would be!  I am however going to celebrate this last day of the year with just this bottle of wine.

There I thought customer quilt 87 was the last for this year when I received yet another one.  This time perfectly pieced 4-patch blocks alternated with squares.  This quilt was made for a young lady and her mom told me she had to help but this youngster was ever so eager to tell me “Mom made a mistake”, fortunately in the planning or diagram as I saw nothing wrong in the quilt.  Once this young lady becomes an experienced quilter, she’ll learn that you never tell anyone about your mistakes.  If they notice it, good for them, if not, good for you.

This, being the last day of 2021 and apart from all the Covid regulations, which was less strict in our country, I cannot complain, we did just fine. We went on pension, which is still a blessing, irrespective of not earning a monthly salary, a bonus or increase ever but I am sure we will cope just fine.

House-hunting is the one strenuous thing at this stage and I’ve entrusted hubby to do home visits and if/when he finds something (perfect without any structural problems….. he is hell-bent on those) he can inform me and only then will I go to look.  I don’t notice these structural problems and will already plan where which furniture piece should go, just to get outside, where hubby and I can be private, to have my bubble burst by what he noticed.

Back to my last quilt for 2021.  We decided to just do a soft double curve on all the alternating blocks and do a little closed curl detail in the border.  I think it came out jolly good.

Inside the blocks

Border

Back

Completed

With this wishing all of you a wonderful 2022 as I have to pack more boxes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment