Thursday, December 09, 2021

Colourful hexagons

Phew! My life has suddenly changed from a peaceful pensioner to total madness.  It has been a couple of years since hubby has pondered about the fact that we someday will have to move to a smaller house, I suspect maintaining the garden is getting somewhat hard on the older body, not that he will ever admit it.

He decided to phone an estate agent just to get a rough evaluation of our house and what it would be worth if wanted to sell.  He must have been satisfied with the amount mentioned and before I knew it, we had a photographer coming over to take photos and less than a week later the first advertisement was placed.  We do know people whose properties have been on the market for several years without much success, so I was not at all stressed at first. 

The first advertisement appeared last Friday and by golly, then it started pouring, not even just raining (literally and figuratively) and we have people over daily to look at the house and with an abundance of rainy weather, keeping it tidy at all times, with all our pets, is no joke.

Then the second family decided to come and look once more, just the day after they’ve seen it for the first time and that made me extremely nervous…… we don’t have the foggiest idea where we will move to should the sale happen. 

Now I am in the process of getting rid of ‘stuff’ and I have way more than I ever imagined.  I do believe that I am still lucky to be able to make deliberate decisions and not wait until move day and then get rid of stuff I never had time to think about.

On the quilt front, it has been rather quiet but then again it couldn’t happen at a better time.  Now I at least have time to do what is needed most.

I did however receive this lovely hexagon quilt.

On this I did a new motif from Adria Goods’ third course I am currently partaking in.  I am however not moving forward as fast as I did with the other two courses.

Now off to clean out some more cupboards and just yesterday one prospective buyer asked the estate agent if he could put in an offer depending on the sale of his own house….. things are moving fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment