Sunday, May 02, 2021

Red and green quilt

I guess I could have called it a Christmas quilt but I saw no Christmas pictures printed on the fabric so I’ll stick to the colors.

The last of the quilts all the way from Malgas and I do hope the recipient will be satisfied.  I think she was extremely brave sending her quilts that far to be quilted by someone unknown but by now, we might as well be friends.  We’ve exchanged so many messages and calls regarding the quilting to be done, so no stranger, no more.

I must admit I changed my mind so many times regarding the quilting on this, had one idea while the quilt laid under a sheet of design plastic.  As I ironed out the wrinkles (due to being packed for the courier) I got another brainwave and by the time I’ve finished marking the quilt, I just couldn’t remember what I finally decided to do.  So, I think what I actually did was neither any of the first ideas.

Anyway, the heaps of pebbles in the outer border pretty soon added to the time spent on this quilt and when I neared 10 hours, I thought I’d give her a fair warning.  Feeling that she was not really all that comfortable with the amount, I opted to change my plan for the inner green border to something less dense and faster on the timer.

Now my turn to courier it back, praying that it will safely reach her again.





No comments:

Post a Comment