Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Disappearing four patch quilt

 I started Monday with no customer quilts awaiting which gave me much needed time to plan a decent menu for hubby for the week and I already started prepping my meals from 04:30. Just after 8 am I had 3 fully planned (some parts fully cooked) suppers for this week and I could go to the couriers to return the Malgas quilts.

Still on my way to the couriers I got a call for a quilt to be delivered late afternoon and I was so proud of myself for having finished a menu for the week and cooked ahead as once I park myself behind that frame, everything else simply fades away.

I got the quilt loaded and the laundry done before the cleaners arrived this morning, so once they left, I only had to do ironing and wash the pets’ bedding.  The supper was sorted and I could get to the quilt without feeling guilty.

The quilter requested an all-over pattern and I opted for the half swirl and hook pattern.  There are different deviations of this motif but seeing that this was the one I practiced on paper for the last week, I decided to do this one on the quilt.

Having another quilter over late afternoon but for drinking some wine, no quilts involved (I think).  I do spend my days on pension in good company!




No comments:

Post a Comment