Sunday, January 17, 2021

Farm implements quilt

This year started so different with so many ‘stuff’ to do.  Things I didn’t always feel like doing but simply had to.  We had an offer from someone to buy our business and with hubby turning 65 next week, it was about time that he started thinking of going on pension. However, those who sold a business, will know it is not simply a matter of taking money, handing over the keys and off you go.  There are so much nitty gritty to think about. 

For one, after I stop working, I obviously still have to continue with the current company to end off certain matters, so new computer needed for the house.  That’s done but not without hiccups, for now hoping that’s sorted.  Still need to buy the accounting program, find a space to bring all the archived box files home and store these and I am sure I haven’t even thought of everything involved.

For a week or so I couldn’t even think about quilting and then out of the blue a quilter phoned wanting to bring in a quilt.  It was such a welcome break but I also felt I had so little time.  Popped it on the frame to work whenever I get the opportunity and it was all printed pictures, making working on sections at a time possible and fun.

The border had printed horse pictures and I simply outlined the horses and then did micro stippling around it to make the horse pop somewhat.

The larger pictures were simply outlined.

Around the large pictures were printed tyre tracks and I could follow these lines to stabilise the squares.

The sashing was also pre-printed and I did a medium meandering in these.

Thinking I was done, I took the panel off the frame to pictures and then had that miserable feeling when I noticed one horse in the border was not quilted.  Back to the drawing board or in this case frame.

It took 5 days to complete, not because it was large or had plenty of quilting but because I didn’t have time to start and get on with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment