Wednesday, January 20, 2021

A different request

A year or so ago I quilted a top for a customer and it turned out pretty.

She however recently contacted me saying her daughter wants fleece at the back of the quilt.  Now by this time, the quilt already had a binding on.  The customer then unpicked the binding, purchased fleece and brought it back to me to somehow secure the fleece to the quilt.

There was no way I was going to unpick the quilting or try to go over my previous stitching lines so the best solution I could think of was to simply stitch grid lines in the ditch of the piecing and this I did on my domestic machine which I felt would be much faster than trying to load the stretchy fleece onto the frame.

Not too shabby, I think.

Now the quilter will have to put the binding on again.


No comments:

Post a Comment