Monday, March 09, 2020

I spy quilt


This week I received a little I-spy quilt to free-motion and I loved the fact that the quilter brought a proper cotton backing although some blocks were made from polyester fabric which caused a little puffing in some squares. The quilt was however made by a scholar and I think it went more about finding interesting pictures than the type of material used.

I used a light grey thread to quilt overall, doing ribbon candy around every block.  For the centre of the blocks, I simply outlined the picture in every block.

For the border, I changed to a red thread as the grey stood out too much and did all-over loops.  This was also the first time a quilter requested I do the binding but I am not sure I’d like to do it again.  I would rather use all my time doing FMQ.

The overall quilt measured 50” x 60”


No comments:

Post a Comment