Sunday, March 15, 2020

Fractured Squares – A slight change of plans


My oldest granddaughter has two bunk beds and the idea of making the same quilt twice is not appealing to me but when I finished all the blocks on this quilt and put it up against the design wall, I realised this is large enough to be turned into two quilts. 
So I added a wide border to the sides but then got interrupted by a customer quilt and nothing else happened with this one.  Finally done with the borders I got to quilt the first one but had to take this off the frame to accommodate another customer quilt.  While on the guest bed I felt it needed a little more quilting but this is what it looked like when taken off the frame after the first session of quilting.

It has been a busy weekend with the older grandkids spending Friday evening with us while mom and dad went to learn how to make sushi.

The baby granddaughter came over on Saturday morning and when she left I started cooking for friends who came over yesterday evening.

So today, after grocery shopping, I’ll find my stance behind the frame and see how far I can get with at least one of the two quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment