Sunday, July 01, 2018

Another quilt done for Sonja


I had another one of Sonja’s quilts on the frame this week, one she made more than 10 years ago and her original beginners’ quilt.  Although I don’t like to make sampler quilts, these are really fun to quilt as every block lends itself to a different free motion motif and somehow it still works together in the end. I am so grateful to Sonja for trusting me to quilt her tops; she also gives me the freedom to choose thread colour and practice different motifs on these.


DIL, I and the little ones went to lunch one afternoon and as usual overdid it.  It is however school holiday and for the next 3 weeks she’ll have her hands full to entertain the little ones, so I figured the odd change in scenery will do all good.


Done with Sonja’s quilt and this is the back




No comments:

Post a Comment