Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Another obstacle


Finished a quilt and got ready to load a new one when I couldn’t get the screw that holds the needle to fit again.  Saw that some thread – initially thinking from the screw - came off but luckily had a spare screw.  This however did not work either.  Local Bernina dealer came over and it turned out to be thread of the needle bar going into the machine itself, so now a new one has to be ordered.  From what I understand one is not supposed to tighten the needle too much which I must have done thinking I am really securing the little thing.  

Not sure how long this would take but I felt somewhat lost.  Bernina dealer came over again to re-thread (not in those we use for stitching or quilting but thread groove in metal) the shaft and try a bigger screw.  This however will just be a temporary solution and hopefully I won’t have to wait too long for a replacement part.

New thread made in the metal and replacement screw inserted and I can quilt.  One of these days our local Bernina dealer will be able to build me a new machine with all the improvisations he has had to make.  I really don’t care as long as I can quilt and I must say I am super impressed with the service I get from our local Bernina dealer.

Finally I could load a customer quilt again.



No comments:

Post a Comment