I’ve taken up this BOM by Fatcatpatterns again and if I hurry it might just not end up as an UFO. The problem was that I finished block 2 according to schedule but the moment I pinned it to my design wall next to block 1, the two blocks just didn’t work for me. The second block was way too dark. Now redoing any block was never my idea of fun so for months these blocks were pinned as is on the wall.
Finally I got to fix block 2 but there was no way I would redo the whole block, I simply cut appliqué shapes in new colours and ironed these over the incorrectly coloured shapes and my block changed to this.
Even though block 2 is still much darker it somehow now feels better when placed next to the first block.