Tuesday, May 17, 2011

August PFAFF Block Lotto blocks


Our local PFAFF dealer hosts a quarterly Block Lotto to raise funds for our planned National Quilt Festival in 2013.  They give the instructions to make a single block; we make the block and pay a small fee for every block entered.  At the quarterly guild meeting a lucky winner is drawn from all the entries and the funds go towards the festival funds.

Last term we had to hand appliqué a Sunbonnet Sue and sadly to say I did not win the 33 block entries, so I am trying my luck again.

This term we simply had to join skew purple and pink strips framed on 2 sides with tan fabric to make a 10½” square block and I managed to finish mine today even though the deadline is only 17 August.  Well at least no-one can say I am not organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment