Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fiesta BOM - Block One




Okay, so I made progress on a UFO and therefore could reward myself with a brand new project which was the BOM from Fatcatpatterns called Fiesta. I had so much fun doing this as I’ve selected a printed background like I saw so many of the ladies on the Glorious Appliqué Blog do. This was a first for me as I was taught to basically have my backgrounds in a plain or slightly toned print and worst of all CREAM. I have nothing against cream but gosh I am so over creamed-background quilts it is just not true.

As a rule I prefer Freezer paper appliqué for the simple reason that I often and frequently wash my quilts in the machine. I do make these to be used on our beds and definitely not to be inherited by some ungrateful great-great grandchild. However I have recently watched videos on You Tube by Patsy Thompson and this lady inspired me totally with her decorative thread play on appliqué motifs. So for this quilt I am using appliqué paper to fuse the motifs onto the background and then secure them by doing some decorative stitching. I can hardly wait for next month’s block to be released!!

1 comment:

  1. Hettie, This is gorgeous.I haven't started one yet. Need to get this going. Chris

    ReplyDelete