Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another ending

This morning I made my Facebook status: “The end… so diverse, happy that it’s done with, sad that it is over” – with this referring to a very special beginner quilter I taught. Rachel came all the way from Botswana to do a quilting course and only had limited time in South Africa, so after officially starting her course on 17 February, we had to work like crazy to complete a 15 week course in 8 lessons. The poor lady must have thought she stepped right into the lion’s den starting her lessons at 07:30 in the morning, getting only a couple of hours break in the afternoon (with homework!!!) and having to return at 6pm and work until 9pm but in the end it was all worthwhile.



Today we could officially get into my car with her completed quilt in hand to have her certificate of completion signed by Marie, our local PFAFF dealer and what a proud moment it was for Rachel, showing off her perfect freemotion quilting done as a beginner.

Afterwards we celebrated by going to a local museum and enjoyed a well deserved morning off with a good, healthy breakfast. I will surely miss having her around most mornings, quietly working on her own after an instruction was given with me still being able to do my duties as a housewife. Not many of these students around. Rachel may you light the quilting fires in Botswana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment