Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Peacock blue wholecloth

Some two years ago, shortly after we moved into this house, I took an online longarm class on quilting feathers.

With my memory not improving with age, I wanted to make something from what I’ve learnt to cement the rules, tips and tricks into my muscle memory.  I then decided to make this whole cloth.  However, it did not happen as fast as typing this sentence as I had it on the frame and whenever a customer quilt arrived, I had to take it off and reload whenever done with customer work.  It nearly took me two years.

The worst part was when I sat doing the binding, one side by hand, I noticed I omitted one curved line.  Back onto the frame it had to go, binding and all but now it is done. All was done free-hand with rulers to guide me around the curves.





No comments:

Post a Comment