Thursday, June 18, 2020

Singer machine panel


Tuesday, 16 June was a public holiday in South Africa, as if we needed to stay home one more day after a 2-month lockdown period!  Anyway, the youth have the right to a special day, so we stayed home, once more.  It, however, turned out a fruitful day for me as no less than 3 quilts were dropped off by me.  Now I treat these in the order that I received them, so the first up was a lovely Singer panel and from what I understood the couple collect old Singer sewing machines, so I guess this is meant to go up the wall.

I decided to ruler stitch around the rectangles and then echo the machine picture.

To make these pictures stand out I had to quilt down the surrounding areas and for this, I used a variation of quilt motifs.

When I wanted to send the client a picture, I decided to stage the quilt with an old singer I have at home.

But for those not into collecting things, this is the result

4

No comments:

Post a Comment