Saturday, October 22, 2022

Disappearing 9-patch

Another rather busy week behind us, starting with our youngest grandchild turning 3 but holding her birthday party for 3 days.  If this is established as a family tradition, I can have my birthday next year for the whole of June and July.  Sadly, I do not have a mother who would organise and pay for the venue and treats and I do not think my family and friends would appreciate bringing me gifts for two months.

On Wednesday we had a day loaded with appointments and just when I got home, thinking I could start working, it would be interrupted by load shedding.  These are killing me and if only our municipality/government would stick to the routine, it be one thing but to shut all electrical appliances off, just to see that there is no load shedding, is frustrating.  Can the peace be trusted or will someone after a while realise their mistake and switch it off then?

I had yet another disappearing 9-patch to quilt and I think this must have been the third one this year.  The quilter wanted edge-to-edge quilting and I dug up an older motif I frequently did on my own quilts, just on a much smaller scale as back then I quilted on my domestic machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment