Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Felt applique quilt

Not sure how much fun everyone else had on Valentine’s Day but when I received this quilt early morning on Monday, it was my idea of a perfect way to spend the day.  Honestly speaking, I only realised mid-day that it actually was Valentine’s Day when I had to check a date for an appointment.

This quilt was not only beautiful with all the felt applique but a real brain teaser as to what to do where, seeing the quilter asked me to not stitch over the applique and I fully agree,

Initially, I thought to only quilt echo lines all around the applique but once I echoed twice around the shapes, I realised it may just become rather dull.  Luckily this quilter does not mind intense or dense quilting, so I simply let loose and went with the flow.

So no, we had no chocolates, red wine, flowers or dining out but I had my kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment