Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Finally my Handy Dandy scrap quilt is on the frame


I know I said I won’t be quilting much with the ICC and Roland Garros on TV but SA plays like crap in the ICC and with all the rain delays in Paris, what is a girl to do.

Plenty of first time tries for me on this quilt.

I thought I’d give printing a motif and then tracing it with the laser light a try.  This had a horrendous end result as you can see from the picture BUT I am not unpicking this.  Hopefully, once the whole quilt is done, no-one will even notice.


Another thing I am trying is to do all 4 borders in one sweep basically not having to turn the quilt on the frame once the top and bottom border is done, to do the side borders.  Now I do realise that this will only work in some cases but it is worth giving it a try on one of my own quilts.


Hubby offered up one of his smaller drills to me.  With this on a soft vinyl surface, I drilled small holes into the pattern – basically making my own stencil.


With the holes in the paper and taping it to the quilt I could use the blue water-soluble pen to mark on the fabric.


Then I followed the dots using Linda Hrcka’s BFF curved ruler and although I guess it can still improve this looks much better than my attempt with the laser light.

I was kindly reminded that my memory is no good anymore as when I got midway into the quilt, not having taken photos as I progressed nor made decent notes, I stitched the one pattern on the border twice the size that it should have been…… kay sera sera…..

1 comment:

  1. Gewonder of jy nog moeite doen om die krieket te kyk. Is darem n skande, ai.

    ReplyDelete