Sunday, June 17, 2018

A quick catch up

I befriended a quilter when I joined their Saturday group a few years ago.  When I decided not to be part of the guild anymore, I left the group too but quilter Breggie and I kept in touch, not frequently but via Facebook and the odd bumping into each other somewhere.  So one evening I noticed her statement on FB and commented on it and then things happened quickly.  I wanted to hear more and she said “one day over a glass of wine” and so it was.  Invited her for supper the next evening and expected another quilter, Sonja to drop off her quilt to have it free motioned. So there and then we had an amazing catching- up- get -together session.  Sonja had to leave early as her better half cooked for them (how lucky can a girl get?).

We never quilted a thing but it was good to just sit, chat and relax with like-minded people.  My pasta didn’t turn out bad either although I am not sure what Breggie’s verdict on this would be.



I purchased a new pattern to work on and I just love the instant gratification of a PDF download.  I am not too sure whether I fell in love with the quilt or whether I purchased it simply because I realized I could make it without having to purchase any fabric.  My design wall finally has some movement on it again.





Sonja’s quilt is loaded on the frame, so I have something to keep me busy for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment