Sunday, June 12, 2011

Critter Caboodle


I must have started on this quilt easily 2 years ago.  It is from a pattern book with the same name by Linda Hohag and apart from instructions to make the quilt, Linda also has patterns using the same Critter appliqué to make a wall hanging or table runner.

I however decided to make the full quilt for any future grandchildren I might have.
Just as I finished glue basting all the appliqué shapes to the backgrounds fellow quilter, Frances van Schalkwyk, visited me just before she had to undergo an operation and wanted to know if I didn’t have any hand work for her to do while recuperating.  So these little critter blocks all went with Frances and she hand appliquéd them to the backgrounds.











Once returned to me I added the sashings and quilted it and unfortunately after that it ended up against my pinning board for several months until yesterday evening.  Up to date with the Fiesta BOM I tackled this and can now officially mark the first UFO finish for this year off my list.

Completed:  12 June 2011



1 comment:

  1. SEW Cute! Good friend to do the handwork for you. Maybe I should farm out some of my handwork so I can do other things done. I have to get motivated soon and get something done. I have been on the fence as to what to do. Chris

    ReplyDelete