Friday, August 07, 2026

Terrace tiles quilt

This is only one version of a quilt going by this name and from out of town.  This quilter used to be local but, after retiring, moved away.

Yesterday I had this quilt on the frame after the interlocking squares, and hopefully this won’t take 14 days to complete.  I took out frozen soup, which we enjoyed with cheese buns and for the little one, I made pizza for lunch.

The quilt maker purchased a fleece blanket with the size noted on the tag, but when I measured it, one side was not remotely as long as the tag said.  I will barely have enough space on the sides, but luckily this won’t need any ruler work.  I might just get this to work.

It turned out to be a productive quilting day as I finished this before we had to fetch the little one after school.  I still have 3 quilts in my house and 3 more on my waiting list.

House hen is losing her feathers. Whenever I took a break from quilting, I walked into a scene like this.  It feels as if I am constantly bending over to pick up either the feathers or their poo.

Hubby is fixing and levelling the paving around the swimming pool and has selected an intricate brick pattern, having to grind through them to get them to the size he needs.  I can already see all the dust gathering in every nook and cranny.  Looking at his pattern, I think he should really consider quilting.




No comments:

Post a Comment