Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Nine patch quilt

Having done this quilt one morning, hubby told me he booked a golf game for the next day.  Knowing I was up to date with my quilting and would have the next day all to myself, I made myself a list of chores.  All those things needed to be done but simply didn’t during my normal cleaning routine.  I sprayed the oven the previous evening and let it sit overnight.  The next day I tackled my list.  I cleaned the oven, the inside of the fridge, gave the shower glass a decent rub down, tried to wash feather pillows in my washing machine (not successful) and then treated myself to a lovely home pedicure, soaking my feet and giving them a break after all the cleaning.

Cleverly I decided to wash the leaders on my quilting frame, another bad idea.  I took the zippers off, and washed the leaders and when I wanted to sew the zippers back on, the leader cloth shrunk so badly, that the zippers were too long.  I now have to start all over by making new leaders.  This time, however, I will wash the leader fabric before I do anything else.

Fortunately, I finished this quilt before getting any of my brainwaves otherwise the poor quilter would have had to wait for days.




No comments:

Post a Comment