Saturday, November 18, 2023

My procrastination quilt

When this quilter brought her quilt, she could barely walk to my front door due to intense pain in her knee.  Apart from this quilt, I had no other quilts on my waiting list. She, however, was on her way to see an orthopaedic surgeon after dropping her quilt. The pain was not her imagination as she phoned later that day to say she’d be undergoing a knee replacement the following week.

I must admit I’ve been terribly busy quilting lately and although she said, she was in no hurry for me to finish the quilt, the fact that she’ll be out of action for some time, turned on my procrastination brain cell.  I started off well by marking the quilt first but then I got relaxed, knowing I didn’t have to rush. Well, it took me more than 2 weeks to finish, not all of that time was charged to the quilter, it was the time I took to simply “just be” between sections.

When the next quilter made an appointment, I continued with this one and it didn’t take that long after all.




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    The feathers in the light areas are the perfect accent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete