Friday, October 22, 2021

Receipt roll, turned scrappy quilt finished

Our only grandson has very dramatically changed his own name to “Sonic” and don’t you dare call him Logan as he will flatly ignore you.  His mom even told us she lost him in a play area and had to walk around calling “Sonic, Sonic” between all the people in order to find him.  For Halloween this year he will obviously dress as Sonic and I had to fix the reddish shoes his parents could find to look like those of Sonic.  Luckily, I did a shoe covering course many moons ago and knew Bostic Clear would be the answer.  These shoes however are made of stretchy fabric, so I had to improvise to keep the tops fairly straight and for that light-bulbs had to come to my rescue.  I am not sure if or for how long these would last but hope for the best.

Speaking of grandson, he asked his parents for evil cookies.  Dumfounded, they had no idea what he wanted and took him to the pantry where he showed them Ginger biscuits.  Apparently, these are evil because of the burning sensation.

When we purchased our house in 1994, we had these broken tiles in the showers and not being too observant, these never bothered me.  It served its’ purpose and I was happy.

This week however hubby decided to give the shower in the main bedroom a facelift, initially only starting with wanting to redo the grout but one thing led to another and pretty soon, we had new mosaic tiles not only in the shower but finishing off other areas too.

Just seeing this man in action enervates, me, he just never stops but seeing the flowers bloom in the garden, is such a pleasure.

I’ve had no customer quilts this week which allowed me to finish the last 16 blocks of my receipt roll scrappy quilt, finish the top and get it on the frame for the actual free motion quilting and this is a big old bugger.  A full 96” wide and long.



Sunday we are having all the kids and their little ones over for lunch and although grateful for the rain, I hope we have a lovely day for the youngsters to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment