Sunday, January 03, 2021

Party Poppers – Clue 1 done

Mystery Quilts Anonymous on Facebook releases a mystery quilt every New Years’ eve.  The fabric requirements are given a couple of months ahead and then on New Years’ Eve clue one is shown with a couple of hours in between to give you time to cut and sew before the next clue is revealed and if you keep up, you should have a completed top at the start of the New Year.  I don’t even try to do this as I love my early sleep way too much but that does not prevent me from saving the clues and making the quilt when I am good and ready.  I should also say that Debi has a video on her website and Youtu. be to follow along with every clue.

With no customer quilts lying around, I read through the fabric requirements got what I needed and started.

Clue 1 cut and then I had to clean and oil my poor domestic machine which sadly does not get used as much as the long arm machine.


I only realised late afternoon that it was the first day since 16 December that hubby and I were all alone at home, no guests, and no kids just us and the pets.

Crap, even though alone I did not focus and made exactly the same mistake I made in Debi’s previous mystery….. Read the instructions and never looked at the picture.  Opposite sides do not necessarily mean the opposites I select, nope I had to look carefully, which I didn’t and had a good date with Jack the Ripper.

Finally done with 4 blocks going one way and 4 the other.  On to clue 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment