Thursday, September 17, 2020

Horse panel

This is the second of 3 quilts the same quilter dropped off on 9 September and I have to start by showing the backing.  Is this not the prettiest fabric?  I am almost sad to think it will be hidden on the back of a quilt.

I basically had 2 blocks to work with, the first larger blocks had multiple horse related images and no matter which colour thread I’d choose, it would simply show up on any other colour, so I stuck to black thread but kept the free motion to the minimum by doing a large meander.

The second block was a centre picture of a horse and the neatest square print fabric to frame it and the quilter pieced so perfectly that I could use these lines simply to sew a grid around the picture.

The quilt finished at 55” x 56” and I do believe it will become the property of her grandson.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment