Sunday, September 20, 2020

Attic window quilt

This is the last of the 3 quilts received on 9 September and although I thought I took a good look at all the quilts when I got them, I didn’t recall this one to be as big as it is.  I was under the impression the first quilt with circles was the biggest.  Anyhow the order doesn’t really matter as long as all got done.

I’ve also realised that in my 20 years of quilting, I’ve never made an Attic Window quilt.  This quilt also gave no hints or tips regarding the motifs I could use for free-motion quilting. 

I ran into some problems with the borders being wavy, warned the quilter that I can do nothing but use large overall quilting to somehow try to manoeuvre the fabric so it wouldn’t bunch up at the end and she was fine with it.

All is well that ends well and this quilt finished at 71” x 72”



No comments:

Post a Comment