Friday, March 31, 2023

Beach blanket in ocean colours

While waiting for the quilter of the previous quilt with the dense batting to send me other batting, I popped this beautiful quilt, to be used as a beach blanket, on the frame.  Sadly, my stitch regulations still did not work and I informed this quilter that I will finish the quilt in manual mode (no regulation of the stitch lengths).  I don’t like doing ruler work in manual mode for one has to focus on the position of the ruler and cannot look at your stitch lengths but the quilter was fine with it, so I finished the quilt.

I did however phone the technician in another city to discuss my issue and after unplugging and refitting cables, the machine worked for a small bit and then went on a slow strike again.  I, therefore, had to order new parts which will be couriered to me (hopefully sooner than later) as I still have a couple of quilts to do and having to hover in mid-air, is not my idea of fun.  A couple of thousand rands later but hopefully I will soon be on track again.

This one however did not turn out all that bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment